Practice rooms in Price Music Center are available by reservation only to NC State students from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Reservation blocks will be for one hour at a time with an hour of downtime between each reservation as a safety protocol to allow for proper air exchange in the room.
Before reserving a room
You will need to fill out this Usage Agreement in order to be approved for access to the Department of Music’s practice rooms.
Once you fill out this agreement, you will receive an email invitation from our online booking system, Skedda, that will allow you to book a practice room. You will then be able to book according to the following rules, and your keycard will be approved for access to your room during your reserved time. Please review the rules carefully before using a practice room.
Rules for Practice Room Use
- You must reserve your practice room time at least 24 hours in advance.
- Only enter your reserved room at the exact time you have reserved.
- Exit the room promptly after an hour.
- Only one occupant is allowed in a room at a time and you may not let others into your reserved room.
- Thoroughly wash your hands before entering and after exiting a practice room.
- Wipe down the piano keys in your practice room before using the piano. The Department will provide wipe dispensers in each practice room hallway. Use only one wipe to conserve the Department’s supply. Please do not wipe the wood on pianos as this may damage the instrument.
- Ensure that the door to your practice room is securely shut when you exit, otherwise the air cannot be properly exchanged before the next reservation.
Failure to abide by these rules will result in the loss of practice room privileges. If you have questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rooms with additional instruments and/or equipment are available to select students in the Department of Music’s ensembles and Music Minor program. Students who are eligible for additional room booking privileges will be granted access by request at email@example.com.
Practice Room Options
NC State students may reserve standard practice rooms at ncstatemusic.skedda.com. To reserve, click on an available practice room time in either the “Map” or “Day” view and follow the onscreen instructions. You will receive a confirmation email with the date, time and location of your booking.
- Standard Practice Rooms (Price): Available to NC State students in one-hour time blocks. Standard practice rooms each have an acoustic or digital upright piano and a music stand.
- Percussion Practice Rooms (Price 108): Available for percussion performance minors and approved ensemble members only.
- Piano Minor Practice Rooms (Broughton 1404, Price 110 and Price 212): Available only by reservation for students minoring in piano performance.
- Jazz Practice Rooms (Price 101 and 201): Available for approved members of the jazz program and music performance minors taking applied lessons on drums or double bass.
- Recording Labs (Broughton): Available for students currently enrolled in MUS 270 or 370 (Songwriting with Digital Audio Workstations).
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.