June 17-21, 2019
Designed specifically for drum majors and section leaders, the Drum Major Leadership Camp focuses on the various aspects of field conducting and leadership in both competitive and non-competitive marching bands.
Camp faculty will work closely with each student to build a solid foundation of conducting, leadership, and teaching methods. Video recordings of each attendee’s conducting and teaching will be used for in-depth individual and group analysis. Every leadership class is intended to equip students to handle real life situations and to react effectively and proactively to achieve positive results. This camp experience will help develop the skills required to conduct and lead with confidence.
$600 Overnight Camper All meals are included.
Faculty & Staff
Perception of Leadership vs. Practice of Leadership the Card Analysis *Mechanics of being a Drum Major, Group Dynamics, Relationships, Team Building
What I Wish I Knew When I Started
Chuck Wagon (evening snack)
Dorm Floor Meeting
What Should I Bring?
Things to think about while packing for camp:
Raleigh is typically hot during the month of June (avg. high 89*F). All North Carolina State University residence halls will have air conditioning for the duration of camp.
- Comfortable clothes and closed-toe shoes for walking around campus
- Light jacket/sweatshirt for cool weather
- Rain gear for inclement weather
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletries
- Alarm clock
- Pens/pencils and notebook
- Towels, washcloth, blanket, sheets for a twin XL bed, pillow & pillowcases
- Appropriate conducting baton, if desired
- Whistle with Lanyard
- Musical score for current or previous year, if available (mp3 recording)
- Comfortable clothes (shorts & t-shirts). Please know you will be outside for the majority of your time at camp
- Spiral notebook and pen/pencil MUST be brought to all sessions
*Due to the large number of camp participants, please make sure all of your belongings are marked with your name, address, and school.*Ready to register? Click here!